- Effective protection methods allow you to hide folders out from users and applications in Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Nobody but you will access your hidden folders.
- 4 protection methods available: Hide, Lock, Hide & Lock, Read Only
- NTFS, FAT32 and FAT volumes are supported.
- File masks support.
- Unlimited number of folders can be protected at the same time.
- Trusted processes support - processes which are permitted to access the protected data.
- No file system structure modifications will occur.
- Effective password protection when running program.
- Effective password protection when uninstalling program.
- Removing Hide Folders 2009 folder from the system will not uncover hidden folders.
- Files from hidden folders will not be lost even if someone tries to remove an upper-level folder.
- Clear recent documents option. Hide Folders 2009 clears records of recently accessed documents if these documents reside in the hidden folders.
- Clear Recycle Bin items originally located in hidden folders.
- Secure Hide Folders 2009 by removing itself from the list of mostly used programs (Windows start menu).
- Secure Hide Folders 2009 by removing itself from Add/Remove software Control Panel applet.
- Hide Folders 2009 will not hide your Windows, Windows System folders and Windows partition root folders - so careless using of Hide Folders 2009 would not bring the system down.
- True stealth mode - you cannot detect the program with Windows Task Manager.
- Safe mode support - The folders can be hidden even if your computer is running in safe mode.
- Hot keys to manage basic Hide Folders 2009 functions.
- Command line support of all main Hide Folders 2009 functions.
- Support of folders named with national language symbols .
- Hide Folders 2009 is multilingual software, its user interface supports different languages and can be easily translated to new languages.
- Intuitive and extremely easy-to-use user interface with visual styles support.
Well, indeed, you can lock folders with Windows XP/Vista and this folder will be inaccessible by the other (unauthorized) users. But there are some annoying limitations that you should be aware of:
- Windows allows you to lock files and folders on NTFS volumes only. FAT and FAT32 are not supported.
- It is impossible to hide folder or file with standard Windows facilities. Only file and folder lock is possible.
- There is no way to make folder invisible but accessible which is helpful for different security tasks like logging, private data recording, backing up etc.
- A system administrator can easily get access to the locked folders and files.
- Windows XP home edition doesn't have a user interface to protect files and folders.
- There is no files and folders password protection in Windows (except the password you provide during Windows logon) - as soon as an authorized user authenticate himself by logging on, s/he get access to the protected files and folders. If you share your account with the another users then you can't exploit Windows folder protection features.
Hide - When you enable protection, the protected file or folder will not be visible to a user, but it will be possible to access it if you know the path to the object. This may be helpful when you want to hide application folders but allow to run the applications from these folders. E.g. you may hide Hide Folders 2009 application folder so nobody will know about it, but if you type from the command prompt "C:\Program Files\Hide Folders 2009\hf.exe", Hide Folders 2009 will run.
Lock - the protected file or folder will be visible but not accessible. It is similar to built-in protection of Windows NT-based operating systems on NTFS volumes. You can not use this protection method for Windows, System and Hide Folders 2009 application folders.
Hide & Lock - The protected file or folder will not be visible to a user and it will not be possible to access them. You can not use this protection method for Windows, System32 and Hide Folders 2009 application folders.
Read only - You can access the protected files and folders, but you cannot modify them. If you protect folder contents (using asterisk wildcard), you cannot copy files into the folder.
No protection - If you choose this method, your file or folder will remain unprotected.
When Hide Folders application is not running, hidden files and folders are invisible anyway. Moreover, you can remove your Hide Folders 2009 application folder and the hidden files and folders will stay invisible. Fantastic?!
When you quit Hide Folders, it can clear links to protected files from My Recent Documents folder, clear Recycle Bin file and folders that were protected before deletion and remove Hide Folders application from the mostly used programs list.
Moreover it is possible to hide uninstall information about Hide Folders 2009 software and hide folders even in Windows Safe mode.
We beleive that modern software products must have not only friendly user interface, but also an attractive look. Hide Folders 2009 allows you to change look and feel of the program and adjust it in accordance with your own preferences.
- You can assign hot keys to basic Hide Folders 2009 actions.
- You can set a list of programs which are allowed to access the protected data.
- You can protect files by mask (e.g. protect only HTML files on your computer).
- You can change the default behavior of standard Microsoft Windows actions (Close window, minimize window).
- You can add Hide Folders 2009 into Windows Explorer context menu to hide and lock a file or folder easy even when the program in not running.
- Hide Folders 2009 is Windows Desktop search aware.
- Hide Folders 2009 is multilingual software – it can be easily translated into new languages.
- Command line options allow to use Hide Folders 2009 from other software, scripts etc.
In compare with other folder protection software, Hide Folders XP gives you the following benefits:
- Hide Folders 2009 is fully compatible with Windows XP and Vista (32 and 64-bit editions.
- It works with any Windows-compatible file systems (NTFS, FAT32 and FAT).
- When Hide Folders 2009 protects files and folders, no file system structure modifications occurs.
- If you protect a lower-level file or folder and then try to remove or rename an upper folder, Hide Folders 2009 will prohibit this operation.
- Security tips that explain how to use Hide Folders 2009 effectively and prevent misuse of the program.
- Free and Fast customer support will be happy to help in case of any problem with software operating.
Size: 2 MB