Course: Ubuntu Linux
Author: Charles Griffin
Duration: 5.5 hrs / 62 tutorials
Ubuntu Linux is a free, general-purpose operating system for the PC desktop that often rivals Microsoft Windows and Macintosh OS for ease of use, security, and freedom from restrictions.
Since its founding a few years ago, Ubuntu Linux has become extremely popular and has helped popularize free and open source software. This step-by-step beginner's course to Ubuntu Linux is designed to guide a user with no previous linux experience.
This course, presented by VTC author Chess Griffin, also the host of "Linux Reality," a popular podcast for new Linux users, starts at the absolute beginning. Including an explanation of what Linux is, how to obtain a free copy of Ubuntu Linux, and how to boot the "live" CD to test Ubuntu Linux. You will learn configuration, customization, adding software to the system, working with the desktop environment, as well as the many included programs and features of Ubuntu Linux.
more info @http://www.vtc.com/
Course: Ubuntu Linux
Here's a PC benchmark (or rolling/non-interactive demo) that will give you a good idea of how Street Fighter IV will perform on your system. The benchmark is configurable for those who might have to play at lower visual quality settings. The final release is scheduled for July 3 2009.
Genre: Arcade (Fighting) / 3D
Language (localizer): English (original) / French / Spanish / German / Korean / Japanese /
Polish / Italian / Russian
Size: 408 mb
| Part 1 of 5 | Part 2 of 5 | Part 3 of 5 | Part 4 of 5 | Part 5 of 5 |
The CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) is a filter pack specifically built for playing anime. It has been assembled by some of the most knowledgeable people in the anime world, and one of the primary design goals is toplay as much as possible with as little as possible. The CCCP attempts to be as unintrusive on your system as possible. The pack is also now officially endorsed by the MatroskaProject, the developers who designed the MKV format. Supported OS: Windows Vista/XP/2000. Combined Community Codec Pack ( CCCP ) includes :
• FFDShow (CCCP)
• FLV Splitter
• Haali Media Splitter
• MPV (Mpeg2) Decoder
• Media Player Classic Home Cinema
Supported media formats :
* Container formats: AVI (multiple audio streams and softsubs work too), MKV (Matroska), OGM & Ogg, MP4, TS (MPEG Transport Stream), FLV
* Video codecs: MPEG1 is supported by Windows, MPEG2, MPEG4-ASP, Xvid, DivX (all versions), Generic/other MPEG4 ASP (3ivx, lavc etc.), MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Theora, WMV9, Flash video
* Audio codecs: MP1, MP2, MP3, AC3, DTS, AAC, Vorbis, IMA ADPCM - rare, LPCM - on some DVDs, more common on HD DV & BD, FLAC - no .flac splitter included, you can only play it if it's in MKV, TTA and WavPack
Changes in Combined Community Codec Pack ( CCCP ) 2008-09-21:
* Updated ffdshow-tryouts to r2133
* Updated Haali to 2008-03-29
* Switched MPC, Gabest filters, and VSFilter to Media Player Classic Homecinema project. All at r796.
* Bug: "Out of string range" fixed.
* Number of physical cores detected at install (not logical processors because the patch does not properly support HT). Must use * Reset Settings to automatically set this option in ffdshow, otherwise set it manually.
* Updated Default Programs (Vista only) for MPC-HC and Zoom Player when installed with CCCP.
* Settings app File Association should also now properly work on Vista (may have not before depending on environment).
* Added S/PDIF options to Settings app.
* Added custom icons and logos to MPC-HC by bb10 (main icon and logo) and Truth Unknown (alternative CCCP media icon). Still includes Chiyo-chan logo!
* H.263+ and AMR now enabled by default for hopefully more 3GP support.
* Various MPC-HC patches: tab order fixed in options, keys reverted to classic MPC bindings, internal subs positioned relative to video (should mimic VSFilter behavior) and buffering disabled, most internal filters disabled (as previously) to allow ffdshow decoding.
Homepage - http://www.cccp-project.net
ntel® IT Director is a simple application that uses Intel® vPro™ technology to help address key IT security, data
- Intuitive, easy to use tool to configure and use platform technologies
- Centrally monitor configuration and health of other computers
- Intel® IT Director enables you to configure hardware-based technologies on your computers, and to monitor the system information from a central dashboard. Intel® IT Director was designed for the novice and provides a simplified approach to efficiently and easily manage networks.
- Have a firewall enabled
- Have anti-virus and anti-spyware programs installed
- Have a backup solution enabled
- Monitor hard drive space available
- Block USB devices
- Power on systems outside of business hours
- Intel® vPro™ technology branded computers
- Intel® Core™2 Duo processors and Intel® Core™2 Quad processors
- Intel® Q45 Express chipset
- Size: 39 MB
- Download here