doPDF 6.1 installs itself as a virtual PDF printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list. To convert to PDF, you just have to print the document to doPDF, the free pdf converter. Open a document (with Microsoft Word, WordPad, NotePad or any other software), choose Print and select doPDF. It will ask you where to save the PDF file and when finished, the PDF file will be automatically opened in your default PDF viewer.
Main benefits for using this free PDF converter:
• It’s free - PDF converter free for both commercial and personal use.
• 64-bit support - can be installed on 64-bit operating systems.
• No GhostScript - doesn’t require 3rd party programs to do PDF files (like GhostScript). This makes the setup file to be incredibly small compared to other free PDF converters.
• Customizable resolution - you can choose any resolution from 72 to 2400 dpi.
• Predefined/custom page sizes - choose a default page size (Letter, Legal, A4, A5, A6, ...) or enter your own custom page size.
• Searchable PDFs - you can search for text within the created PDF file (and search engines will also index the text from the PDF).
• Multi-language - choose a language for the user interface from the 20 languages currently supported (credits).
• Do your part in saving the planet - instead of consuming paper to print your document, why not create a PDF file out of it and spare a couple of planet-saving trees?
• Barely uses any computer resources - compared to other free PDF converters, doPDF barely uses any memory or CPU resources when doing the actual conversion to PDF.
Changes in doPDF 6.2.287:
* Update: Added option to embed fonts in the resulting PDF file (shown in the Save PDF dialog window).
NOTE: By checking the Embed fonts option, the resulting PDF file will be considerably larger because it will include in the PDF the fonts used for the creation of the text. However, font embedding also ensures that the text in the PDF will look the same on other computers where it is opened, even if the fonts used are not present on that computer.
* Update: Added informational page in the start menu group (describes how to create PDF files)
* Minor fixes
- Size: 1.61 MB
- Download here